Wednesday, January 03, 2007

in control


Being out of control is the scariest thing for me. That could mean that I'm not in charge, have to submit to someone else's decisions, or am stuck somewhere because my car broke down...

When I woke up Parker was coughing again. Ever since we've moved here it seems like she or Cooper or both of them have been sick. We've thrown antibiotics at them like they were candy...and nothing. They just keep getting sick.

I can't fix them, and it's killing me. I'm literally powerless to make them get better. I'll buy air purifiers, medicine, take them to the doctor...and still they get sick.

I hate that.

I hate having things be out of my control. It's paralyzing.

That's why it's hard for me to submit to others - because that means giving up control. I think that's why people pick and choose what they want to believe about God...because that means that they're still in charge.

We all struggle to some extent with pride and control. It hurts our relationships with each other...and I believe with God.

It's going to be something I struggle with for the rest of my life.

I just wish Parker would stop coughing and get better.

2 comments:

  1. try changing your air filters in the heating unit. that should be done at least once a month unless you get the more expensive HEPA type filters which just get washed and reused.

    Seriously, what can it hurt?

    And you might enjoy life a little more too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:27 PM

    Did YOU say "take them to the Doctor?"

    ReplyDelete