Thursday, January 25, 2007

College Week


It's college week....sortta.

Today I'm speaking to a group from Anderson University. They came down last year and I had a chance to talk with them about outreach and our philosophy behind what we do. It was fun and apparently not a total train wreck because they're coming back.

I'll be on the campus of the University of Cincinnati (sortta) talking with some folks from my favorite church plant in Clifton. It's not really a college - and it's not necessarily students...but for the purpose of this post, I'm counting it.

The new one for me will be visiting the prestigious campus of Xavier University (once home to the Hon. Rev. Min. Drew Gillespie). This is the one that has me intrigued. I've never really been on their campus and I'm not sure I totally agree with the professor who asked me to come and speak to his students. It's certainly not a debate, because I think he thinks we agree...it's just that when I read his writings, I always think that he's a little off. That should be interesting.

Anyhow, I'm breaking out my sweatshirts and painting my face this week.

If only I could figure out what I'm supposed to talk about at D'Vine.

So far I only have my title, "Why I lost to Fuller in Ping Pong - and why I also let me six year old beat me"

2 comments:

  1. Don't drop my name at XU. It will get you no where. They may even ask you to leave. Trust me they were glad to to rid of me...

    But in the end a 2.03 GPA does get you a diploma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:00 PM

    mustard, slime, oink, anvil...and the particularly hard one bicycle kick. I mean I had to give to a challenge since you have all day to think about it.

    ReplyDelete