Friday, November 10, 2006

stuff


going to work in a couple of minutes....14 hours later I'll leave work. That's my day today.

Tomorrow is better. I get to see some family, go to Griff's birthday party and then hang out until 5:30...and then head back to work for three more hours.

Sunday shakes out a little differently. I'll get there at 8 and leave at 12:30...and then work that night from 5 - 8:30ish.

It's just hours piled up right now. Hopefully I'll fully engage once I get there. I have six different projects or things to focus on, so that'll keep it fresh. It's hard not to look at it as another weekend where I'll barely be home.

It's hard not to focus on the hours.

I don't want to just work a job.

I don't want to count hours.

I want to live out a calling. I want to focus on what I'm passionate about.

I want to live these next 72 hours and not keep a checklist of things I have to do and things I'm done doing...

I'm going to try and live these out with expectancy, a sense of urgency and lock in on the reasons why I believe in the things I'm doing.

And then I'm going to dance, dance, dance!

5 comments:

  1. Sean, I would really like to get coffee, tea, or maybe a soda. Know of any good soda jerks (besides Fuller)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murph,

    Going to your church is great. Working for your church is not. For me, it became a case of "do I 'fulfill my mission' or do I love my wife?" I made the choice and moved on. I hope you find a way to do both.

    I'd love to talk with you more about it.

    Peace,
    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it "dance children dance"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "When our faith becomes a chore, we treat it as such. When's the last time you were giddy over emptying the trash?"

    Nothing has taken me further away from my "calling" than working in a church. I'm not saying that's the case for everyone, but it was for me. Once I left my church job, I was free to pursue my real calling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you talk with Justin.

    ReplyDelete