Monday, November 20, 2006

makes sense on paper

I see things as black and white, right and wrong, logical and non-logical. That's just how I roll.

So it bugs me when I see something that makes so much sense on paper, but it doesn't work. I tend to make quick decisions because that's how my brain works, I'm incredibly impatient, or I like to get cranking on solutions before the problem gets worse.

It drives me nuts when decisions are made that are politically motivated, not very logical or just plain wrong. Some people focus on superficial issues that shouldn't even be a part of the decision. Some ignore major issues that should drive the decision. Some just argue the other side so they can either "win" or stir things up.

All of these drive me crazy.

Having said that - I get hung up on things that I'm so sure are right...and turn out to be wrong. I'm not sure how to get over the fact that occasionally I make bad decisions. Most of the time it's a snap decision that didn't play out the way I thought it would. I'd like to turn on the "patient" switch and think things through for hours and hours...but I can't find it.

I hear that love is patient, kind....and a bunch of other things. I always have wondered if it was listed first as being patient for a reason???

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 AM

    Be "patient"..these and all other questions will be answered...when you are 55.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so relative that I even print things in grayscale. When I turned 30 I figured out that I don't know crap about crap and neither do most people in this world. That's when I started thinking like my Dad who can whip anybody on Jeopardy and yet never inflicts his opinion on someone. He listens and truly considers everyone's opinion and simply offers up his viewpoint which I have discovered is generally right a majority of the time. I, on the other hand, am not right even a minority of the time and probably shouldn't even be offering my opinion.

    One opinion I would like to offer though is that the person in most situations with the most confidence is generally the person least qualified to give you any sort of appropiate guidance or right answer.

    I said it.
    I believe it.
    That settles it.

    Wanna have a ping pong lunch this week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...the person in most situations with the most confidence is generally the person least qualified to give you any sort of appropriate guidance or right answer.

    Amen brother.

    I have a feeling that fuller is about to say something in effect of ..."destroying you in ping pong." just a feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. speaking of thinking he's always right...

    ....zing!

    David,
    I am on vacation this week, therefore I am available for ping pong lunch, dinner, after dinner....as well as bar mitzvahs, weddings and tastefully arranged funerals.

    just tell me when

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weren't you just on vacation a few weeks ago? Man, must be nice to work for a church.

    Oh, and I will destroy Wolfenberger in ping pong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. three weeks a year my friend...I know anything less than 4 months off a year seems a bit odd to you.

    I've played you and Wolfenberger both, I gotta say it'd be a good battle

    ReplyDelete