Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I gotta be honest here...

In this season of scandal, politics, and war I've had a chance to think through some things and I've come to some pretty hard conclusions. I definitely don't want to start a battle with any major corporation and I hesitate to say this....but the McDonaldland figures kind of freak me out.

Clowns freak me out to start with, so Ronald is just a Whopper hating freak in my way of thinking. The Hamburgler is a thieving malcontent that steals from the rich and poor alike with no thought to the potential repercussions. And that costume....like we don't know who you are, you dolt!

And what's with Mayor McCheese and his superior attitude? Who really wears a sash everyday? I know this, I didn't vote for you.

The fry guys are a bunch of carnie side show attractions and the only redeeming character I can point to is Grimace. It's a perfect description of what I do whenever I see these guys prancing around their precious McDonalds.

There. I said it. It's time I moved on...

1 comment:

  1. Puleaze!
    Grimace is the freakiest one. Let's start with his name. You have Ronald McDonald (namesake), Hamburglar (steals hamburgers because he loves them so much), Mayor McCheese (he's the "Big Cheese" of McDonaldland and therefore his head is shaped like a Cheeseburger). Enter purple androgenous blob bearing the name Grimace. What the f...? Can you imagine the pitch the illustrator had to make for that. "Yeah I know the big androgenous purple blob that talks doesn't really directly tie into the product line sir but get this. His name is 'Grimace'. You know, like the face you make when you smell something bad, squeeze out from underneath a pile on or go to the bathroom after eating too much McDonalds. What do you think!?"

    ReplyDelete