Monday, November 13, 2006

OSU-michigan

This is Ohio State Michigan week. This is a game so big that I might not be able to watch it around other people. I care too much about it to have idle chit chat happening all around me. I'll walk, pace and throw things in the general direction of the tv.

Here's the thing though...I might not watch it. I get to be a part of something we do at my church called Turkeyfest. We take 400 Turkey dinners to people's homes that might not otherwise be able to afford it.
We don't make them come to us. We don't line them up and ladel food onto their plates. We give them the food so that they, in turn, can provide a meal for their friends and family.
It's really a great thing - and as big as the OSU-Michigan game is - this is way better.

So if I miss the game...I miss the game. ...

5 comments:

  1. did you call me on Sunday?

    The voicemail said it was a 'Sean' or 'Shaun' or 'Shawn'.

    Just not sure which one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the greatest videos ever. And I applaud you on the Big Lebowski/Jesus dance reference.

    You said it man. Nobody F***s with the Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To each their own, but this is a big game. Maybe even bigger than passing out turkeys. There will always be hungry people to feed...a game like this only comes along once a decade. I'll be passing out turkeys in Clifton, but I'll be home by the time the game starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for those of you who don't know Steve...he's just kidding.


    I hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep hope alive, brother.

    ReplyDelete