Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Friends


I've decided that I have it pretty good in the friends department (right in between sporting goods and the men's shoes departments).

I used to meet once a month with these guys that are three of the smartest/wisest guys I've ever met. We'd sit around and debate things that I often thought were silly...and then someone would take the "silly" side and show me why it wasn't so silly. These guys genuinely cared for me and it was great just hanging out with them -even when we weren't solving the world's problems. One of these guys now lives in North Carolina, one in Kentucky, one in Dayton...and now I'm back from Pennsylvania.

So today our southern friend is in town and we're all having a 2 1/2 hour lunch together. I'm meeting them in four hours and I feel a little like Griffin does the day before his birthday party...I'm just sitting around waiting.

I've made some good friends since I've moved back to Ohio - I made some good friends in Pennsylvania - I have some good friends that live here in Cincinnati - some in Columbus - you get the point...

One of the the greatest things to happen since I've moved to Cinci is one of my best friends started working with me. I used to see him about once a month because we live a half hour away from each other, both have three kids - and both are bad at making time to see each other. Now I walk into his office and interrupt one of his meetings about 7 times a day (and just plain walk into his office another dozen or so). I get to have lunch with one of my favorite people a couple of times a week....it's really pretty awesome. Another bonus is that one of my other all time favorites works about ten minutes away so we get to have lunch with him about once a week or so.

My cup runneth over (the friends cup that I keep in my dishwasher because I'm always either drinking it or cleaning it...because it's always running over).

It's great that I get to see good friends today. It's great that I get to work with new friends and old. It's great that I have friends so close. None of it compares to the fact that I get to live with my all time best friend.

Life gets busy and our lives get messy - but the bottom line is that she's the best and I couldn't find a better gal to make me laugh and share my life with....

3 comments:

  1. I once heard that friends are friends forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them. And a friend will not say never, because the welcome will not end.

    How wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss why you had a picture of Neil Diamond?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:10 PM

    Neil Diamond wrote the lyric that Steve quoted above.

    ReplyDelete