Friday, June 02, 2006

sorry?

I have a few opinions that tend to get people all fired up.

I think the Pittsburgh Steelers are the all time greatest football team.

I don't think the Pittsburgh Pirates are....so it's not just a fan thing.

I don't think pitching in Major League Baseball has ever been better than it is right now.

I think Barry Bonds is the greatest baseball player of all time.

I think if you ride a motorcycle without a helmet on you're telling everyone around you how smart you are.

I think Seinfeld, M*A*S*H, ED and The Office are the all time four best shows on tv

I think British dramas are generally overrated...as are Monty Python movies

I think you should build your football team around the offensive linemen

I think that people who vote with their hearts don't generally help

I think that we really did land on the moon

I think Coke is far superior to Pepsi

I don't think all religions basically say the same thing...nor are there many paths to Nirvana/Heaven

I don't think that I could start a religion inspired by Saved by the Bell and then have that be one of the paths....even if I REALLY REALLY believe it

I think we have major problems with poverty, hunger and disease in this world, and most people don't really care.

I think the View isn't necessarily four women with differing views

I think the Fonz was the greatest tv character of my childhood

I think Kramer was the greatest tv character of the last 20 years

I think Hawkeye was the greatest tv character of all time

I think a flat tax makes more sense than our current system

I think most coaches are overrated

I think gas is still a bargain

I think the US Mail system is one of the best things we have going

I think Ashley secretly loves the Pirates and just roots for the Red Sox because she likes their blue hats

I think church services are vastly overrated, and church service is vastly underrated

I think Jim Rome is to sports radio, what Dustin Diamond is to performance art

I'm of the belief that ufo's don't exist

I think OJ did it

I think most people are in it just for the money

I think diet coke tastes better than beer

I think I should probably go to work now

19 comments:

  1. Where do I begin to disagree with you?
    I'll start with the most important...
    There is evidence of UFO's...

    wow...I just saw one....it came from Cooper's direction...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think church services are vastly overrated, and church service is vastly underrated


    I think Jim Rome is to sports radio, what Dustin Diamond is to performance art"


    Nice. Do you have another kid yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:42 AM

    This is probably controvesial,

    but i think you are a great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan,
    you'll be the first to know...or close to the first to know. Looks like a c-section on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:16 AM

    by the way murph, after meeting a bunch of cincy people at the rockbridge leader weekend, i have concluded that bungels fans are the most obnoxious people on the planet. yet i find them amusing, it's like a bug trying to taunt you as you flush him down the toilet. you're not going to say anything back, but you sort of chuckle a little to yourself and enjoy watching him stuffer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:17 AM

    i meant suffer...obviously

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brad,

    Welcome to the blogging community.


    How's SC?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you kidding me?
    Are you KIDDING me?

    Any player who cannot throw out a gimpy Sid Bream--running from second base--on a ground ball hit slightly almost right at him when the game and a trip to the World Series is on the line is NOT the best player in the history of baseball.

    Thanks for trying. He's good, but not that good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. brad! ive been meaning to call you - how was the pw thing? and how was leader weekend? thanks for recruiting for our region - you're da bomb
    you are def becoming the favorite

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stac,
    He was waved to deep leftfield because what's his name just had jacked one over the wall, but foul on the previous pitch. He was in deep leftfield. He's won 8 gold gloves...and it's hard to argue with his hitting.

    Obviously, Roberto Clemente was the greatest player of all time...but his career was ended too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAWKEYE?!!!


    YOU'RE WAY OUT OF LINE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sorry???

    you punk kids...you don't know...he was the best

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Beer tastes better than everything, including air. If I could drink beer while I was dead, I'd choose beer over air.

    A flat tax is better than a progressive income tax. A national sales tax is better than both.

    Barry Bonds' muscles will keep growing forty years after he dies from all the 'roid residue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:04 AM

    I respect the way they play.

    I don't admire it.

    And Big Ben is still a Big Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't respect or admire a dirty football team.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:52 PM

    Steve-

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. how about whining fans of losing teams?
    ...and the guys that UNDERSTAND how football is played continue to say that one little play wasn't dirty. It's like I'm talking politics with Griffin here...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think posting your opinions is a great way for random readers to get a better idea of who you are.

    Great read Sean Michael, thanks for the peek inside your head.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous7:39 PM

    okay, "one little play" has GOT to be the understatement of the year.

    Dirty or clean (I'm of the opinion that they were going after Palmer, as retribution for Odell Thurmann looking at Ben Roethlisberger the wrong way, but didn't mean to fall on his knee or hurt him that badly), it was more than just a little play.

    ReplyDelete