Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm a little embarassed


I don't remember what I was doing when I heard, "you haven't lived until you've seen Wild Hogs" but I do remember sitting there in a cold, cold silence for the next two hours.

Finally someone saw me coiled up in the fetal position clutching my copy of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and sucking my thumb. After several days of self examination and reflection I finally started to live as a free man once again.

Wild Hogs?

I admit I didn't get (nor do I now) the frenzy over the robot movie...I get it, they're in disguise...but this is the big movie of the summer?

But Wild Hogs?

Maybe it's a great movie? Maybe It's an ok movie? I'm guessing no....but let's leave room for a maybe (if you're reading this, you probably didn't see it....or at least that's what I'd like to believe).

"you haven't lived until you've seen Wild Hogs"

I heard this from someone I work with.

It was someone I respect. Someone I like. Someone that I've broken bread with. Actually that's kind of a lie, I've never actually broken bread. I've cut it, torn it, eaten it, toasted it, thrown it, but never actually broken it.

The point being - well, actually I don't really have a point.

I'm still in shock.

3 comments:

  1. true confessions...i saw wild hogs. but, this is the honest truth...i REALLY hated it, hated that i wasted my money on it, and hated that i wasted my time! but a friend i was with who i ADORE loved it! weird. but honestly, it was REALLY bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your posts. You are insightful and very funny.

    I am a friend of Carissa's.

    You have not lived until you have met Carissa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have your copy of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" so I don't know whose copy you were curled up with but I hope you took a shower afterwards, you never know where a copy of that particular book has been.

    ReplyDelete