Saturday, February 03, 2007

why I'm not running the schools

So last night we had a meeting at our house...right?

Sortta....

I sent out an e-mail around noonish that said, "Hey, of the 17 folks who come to this thing - 3 are out of town and at least 3 (that I know of) are going to be running late to get here. Also, I hear it's going to keep snowing all day and it just doesn't make sense to have this meeting with half of the folks(ish) either missing it or scrambling to get here....especially if the roads are going to be bad. So - no meeting tonight. You're welcome to brave the roads and still hang out here, just don't rush on over so you won't be late...and don't worry if you can't make it, we'll reschedule.

Five hours later...no snow on the ground.

oops

So we had 9 people come over anyway....played some Blokus...Becky sold us on Pampered Chef....the girls read some internet dating guide....and a good night was had by most (I'm guessing)

so thus lies my eternal dilemma....do I cancel the meeting in plenty of time for folks to reschedule their lives...or just roll the dice and hope it stops snowing?

ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment