Tuesday, February 13, 2007

what to do?


So every school in between my house and my work has been closed. (before you go nuts, Anonymous...I'm ok with this)

My question is about my workplace. We have an all staff voice mail service. We have a staff only web site. We all have staff e-mail addresses. None of these services are used to let us know if we should come in an hour late, on time, or not at all.

What to do? What to do?

I'm leaning towards a snowball fight in the back yard with Griff. I brought my computer home last night so I could work at home today...so my bases are covered. I'm slated to speak at some deal tonight, but once the schools are closed...so is that deal. I sent notes out yesterday to the folks I'm supposed to meet today letting them know the backup plans.

So I'm thinking I should probably just call the office at 8:30 and see if anybody answers...and they did...and they're open. I'm off to work.
and now I'm at work. Took about 2 minutes longer than usual. My street was bad, but all the other ones were empty and clear. Got to work 23 minutes late and was one of the first ones here...so no harm no foul.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 AM

    I'm with you Sean. I have remote access, a laptop and a blackberry. I'm staying home and work in my pj's.

    ReplyDelete