Monday, February 19, 2007

oops


I was on the receiving end of some righteous anger the other day. Griffin and I went sledding on this great hill next to an apartment complex and when we got back to the car...there was a note. A not so happy note.

Turns out we had parked in somebodies spot. When we pulled in, all the spots were covered in snow and we didn't see any signs. After we pulled in and parked, the heat of the car melted enough of the snow that when we got back, we saw part of a "reserved" sign painted onto the ground.

Oops

It's funny that the first thing I thought was what a jerk the person was who put the note on my windshield. It wasn't regret, shame or sorrow...it was that they were a jerk...and there were plenty of other spots...and um....they're just a big dummy!

Defensiveness is pretty weak. They were right and I was wrong. It's ok that I was wrong. Their obvious anger was a righteous anger...and I probably shouldn't immediately turn that back around on them.

I was wrong. I was the big dummy.

The sledding was pretty sweet though...

yeah, I said sweet

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of the time when someone shoveled out my Astro Van on campus and left a note with 1 John 4:19 on it.

    Your new format is acceptable.

    Sincerely,
    Dan

    ReplyDelete