Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I can't imagine

Last week when we took food to folks living on the street, there were some guys with ice on their faces.

The worst five minutes of my day are when I walk out to my car and then sit in it and wait for it to warm up. You just sit there...you're not moving around so it feels even colder than it is...you can't turn on the fan because then you're just blowing cold air into the car...it's miserable. All I have is the radio and the hope of the heat kicking on in a few.

I'm guessing that still beats sleeping outside. It probably even beats sleeping inside in a shelter and then walking around outside all day with nothing to do.

Last week we took them winter hats with their sandwiches. The week before that we took them thermal socks. This week I'd like to take some scarves, but we're quickly running out of money to bring the extra stuff.

So...if you want to donate socks, hats, gloves, scarves, blankets, or anything else that you think might help....let me know.

thanks,
ylmurph@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment