Friday, December 30, 2005

the key(s) to life...


I came in to work today a little early and the doors were locked. Not a big deal, I'll just use one of my three keys they gave me and open them up. This happened the other day and, as it turns out, none of my keys actually unlock the doors. I'm continually asked to go get stuff only to return a few minutes later asking someone for their keys. I always feel like a sixteen year old asking their old man for the car keys, "Hey pop, can I have the keys to the outreach closet?"
Having keys that don't work is like having a flashlight without batteries, or cranium without a timer, or tv without blossum reruns.
It's lose lose. No entry into rooms I need to get into + I'm hauling these worthless things around. Don't you just hate carrying stuff around in your life that just isn't helping?

Ironically, this whole key fiasco happened the other day and I did nothing about it. Every once in a while I'll see someone from facilities and mention that my keys are worthless for anything beyond opening boxes....but I just kind of leave it at that.
-
Today I will do something about it. I will change.
I read a book that compared the Beatitudes to the keys to Heaven. It was a great book.
So what was I talking about? Ah yes, the point is, I need new keys. Today I will get some.
I can just decide to seek them out. They've been promised to me. Why not get rid of the old ones that don't work...and why not claim the ones that I'm told work very well???

No comments:

Post a Comment