Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Northern Exposure


It's interesting where life takes you...
If you were to go back in time and tell some of my high school friends that I would someday be working for a church in Cincinnati...that'd be good for a few laughs.
-
I got a call today from an old friend asking me to speak at a church conference deal in Anchorage, Alaska in February. I'm not really sure how things like this happen...but it got me thinking, "my life is definitely not quite like I figured out it would be...". Alaska? Seriously? You want me to fly for 10 hours...or do you go there by sled? You want me to go all the way to Alaska to talk to people? There are probably 194,000 better speakers just in Juno. I'm thinking this is some elaborate way for him to get me out there and then steal my luggage. I have really nice luggage. And legs.
Keep in mind that I have a certain fondness for Alaska...and it's based solely on Northern Exposure (one of my early favorite tv shows - it was kind of the Ed of it's time). I also don't really like to travel. Flying isn't good for someone who has ADHD or ADD or just is really impatient....or (what does the "H" stand for in ADHD anyhow? -and does it end in "high definition"?)
not really the point...I just hate being cooped up in any sort of traveling vehicle for more than an hour.
I'm there once they move the conference to Ohio though...we get snow too....we just don't do it quite as well as Alaska.

1 comment:

  1. H = hyperactive


    not that i've been diagnosed or anything...

    ReplyDelete