Monday, October 24, 2005

Defining Moments




















I'd say that a defining moment is a moment where things change. Because of what just transpired, you'd start doing one or more things a little differently.
I had someone ask me to consider joining the Young Life staff about a decade ago, and it changed where I lived...and you could argue, who I married...my children...
I was put in a room with Dave Wolfenberger my freshman year in college and that decision changed my life in every way...plus Dave drank all my pop.
Things change on a dime...I'm not sure what that means, but I hear it a lot and I think it just means that things can change quickly.
For good or for bad.
So what could I do to positively create a "defining moment" for someone today?
Heb. 3:13 sort of mentions something about encouraging people so that they don't get so callous....maybe that's something.
Maybe asking someone some tough questions about the direction they're headed in.
I'm not sure...but I'd love to be a part of someone's defining moment.
I'd love to help shape the world...seems like a pretty solid goal.
So now it's all about going out and looking for opportunities. I guess that means I'll have to be a little less Sean obsessed for awhile.
wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment