Friday, January 14, 2011

perspective

Stressful meetings - deadlines - changed plans - losing the playoffs

As an undefeated coach who will most likely get inducted into the basketball hall of fame based on my teaching of the motion offence to fourth grader - it probably seems like I'd have no stress.
nope
I was eating with a guy early this week and he said, "I just like to ask God what He's up to whenever I head into something I can't handle on my own".

I liked that.  When things get overwhelming, he just steps back to see what God might teach him.  I do something a little different.  I tend to over analyse and tune out everything that isn't a problem.  All I see are the potential issues future problems.

He uses it as an opportunity to lean into what God might be using to shape him.

I go in with stress - he goes in with a peace that transcends understanding.

I like his way better...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:58 PM

    Hey Sean, I am not sure if you remember me. My name is Rocky and I used to work with Annie at the Goddard School. I was trying to get in touch with Annie to say hello and stumbled across this blog. I am unaware of the etiquette for commenting on blogs, but this was the only way I could figure out how to contact you two. I would love to hear how you and Annie are and would appreciate if you could give her my email address: Rockydavis76@sbcglobal.net

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete