Wednesday, June 23, 2010

half price

Hello and welcome to Half Priced Books, would you like to sell your books today?


um...no, I just carry around cardboard boxes full of 50 pounds of books while I'm out shopping.


There's no need to be sarcastic fella.


Yeah, I'm sorry...it's just something I do.  I would like to sell these books...and hey, I really am sorry.


This might be the start of a great friendship.


I WILL NEVER BE FRIENDS WITH A BOOKSELLER!!  NEVER!!


ok, sure...I get that a lot.  Let me take a look at these and I'll page you when we're ready.


5 minutes pass---


We'd like to offer you $1.27


But I have a signed first edition of The Giving Tree!


That's why it's a dollar...twenty seven and not twenty seven.


And what about that glass encased Codex Sinaiticus?


Don't try to shove your religion down my throat sir...


And the leatherbound works of Shakespeare complete with the quill he wrote them with


You must have noticed how discolored those papers were...

And that's roughly what I went through yesterday...which is why I'm now $1.27 richer.  Somebody is getting a medium diet coke with their five dollar footlong!

1 comment: