Tuesday, May 06, 2008

keeping up with Tom Jones' family


Irish is the new black. They were the old green, but they've shifted.

Oh sure they've been saying that this spring blue is the new black...but that's just silly.

I'm really not sure why the irish get to be the new choice of fashion right now, but I figure if something has to be the new black...why not the them. They've earned it with their hard work, ruddy complexions and fierce loyalty to their family member that they just punched in the trachea.

Also, Irish is the new 40. There's a rumor that 50 is the new 40, but that's just crap. Don't let them tell you that.

Want proof? Who wrote the song 40? Oh, sure you could argue that it was mostly lifted from King David...but U2 gets all the royalties, and isn't that what it's all about? And where is U2 from? That's right -Irish-land.

While we're talking about what the Irish are taking over - (fashion - check, age naivete - check) I'd argue that it's high time the Irish took over moving picture shows. Bollywood step aside, it's time we had more brooding Irish films that depress people and almost win awards.
We'd need to come up with a clever name - I'm thinking Belfastland!

The Irish will be known for more than jigs and angel touching - you mark my words mister...

3 comments:

  1. can you come over and fix my house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing I have that Irish resolve to work through all kinds of conditions, with no pay, and the joys of toil and strife for the everlasting life...

    Call me and I'll see what I can work out.

    ReplyDelete