Monday, February 13, 2006

the office


There's just something about awkward moments that I love. This is why I love the Office (the show...not the place....not that I don't love the office, the place....but who are we kidding?)

I was wondering if in five years I'd feel the same way about the Office as I do about Seinfeld now. I remember basking in the glow of a good Seinfeld episode. It was glorious. Now I like the reruns...but it's just not the same. It's kind of like how I feel about MASH. Anybody under 30 has problems buying into my putting MASH on my all time top shows. It's hard to revel in the beauty of a good tv show episode 10 years after the fact. In it's time, MASH was THE show.

My list of greats:

MASH
Seinfeld
Last Comic Standing
The White Shadow
The Office
Happy Days (I was 8)
Ed
Northern Exposure (the first two seasons)

I'm also quickly becoming a big fan of Love Monkey and am on the verge of putting Scrubs up with the big boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment