Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Coretta Scott King 1927 - 2006


I was just reading about Dr. and Corretta King's kids. It seems like they've been screwing up the King Center ever since their mom stepped down a decade ago.
Nepotism will do that to you.
There are millions....literally...of people that would probably love to take that over. They'd be passionate about making that thing great...but they had the misfortune of not being born to Dr. King. Dexter King was running the center until he decided to pursue a career in the entertainment field. Keep an eye out for Dexter in Police Academy 8.

I was a fan of nepotism when my grandpa let me take inventory of his business to earn a couple of bucks. I liked it when my dad would pay him to help him write scripts or work on one of his video projects. Basically I like nepotism when it helps me...otherwise I think it's not the smartest way to work.

But back to me.... I love that I grew up with a dad that loved me more than he loved the kids down the street. I loved that I had a family that looked out for me just because I was a Murphy. In a perfect world that would make sense. You'd like to think that the King kids would be so excited about having a dad that helped to change the world...that they'd want to perpetuate that message.

I'm often like that. I have a father that loves me enough to die for me. You'd think I'd spend more time trying to perpetuate that message and less time trying to become a "STAR!" (Whatever that means...basically I'm trying to lift up the Sean agenda whenever I can)
Maybe I'm more like Dexter than I'd care to admit...

No comments:

Post a Comment