Monday, February 07, 2011

No points for second place

If Top Gun taught us anything, it's that it's ok to wear jeans when you're playing sand volleyball.
also...there are no points for second place...
Ironically, you get four points for placing third

I wanted the Pittsburgh Steelers to win the big game last night.  In fact, it's the biggest of games.  It's like the Super Bowl of football.

They didn't.  I will say that I'd rather them lose to the Packers than pretty much every other team.  I thought the Patriots were the best team this year, but apparently they weren't.  Organizationally, I've always respected the Packers and I like a lot of their players.  They're quarterback used to be a Young Life leader and I go to the Vineyard with the punter's mom...so it's almost like I'm on the team.

Anyhow, it was a great game...and isn't that really the goal?
I'm serious...isn't it?  I really want someone to talk me down from the ledge here and tell me that that's the goal and not winning..
hello?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:32 PM

    Step back Sean - they'll probably be in next year's Super Bowl unlike the Bengals.

    Lana

    ReplyDelete