Thursday, December 16, 2010

White Death

Fist of all - I have no idea why that's not a rap name.

The second snow day of the week/year happened today.  Griff's response?  Nooooo!

Huh?

He doesn't want to exceed the school's allowed snow days and have to eat into his summer break.
This is unprecedented on two levels:
1.  What kid doesn't love a snow day?
B.  Since when is Griff thinking long term over short term?

My theory is this falls into a fourth generation pessimist deal.  I'm trying to teach him that optimists live longer, happier lives.   I'm hoping that he see's beyond the simple arguments of the pessimists.  My goal is to one day yell at him, "Griff, you forgot to put your cup in the sink." and have him reply "what cup pop, the half full one?"

Of course an optimist would have assumed that Griff was thinking long term over instant gratification.  Is it too late for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment