Thursday, November 10, 2005

Speaker Phone

I love the speaker phone. I love it.
As much as Dan Kalbach loves Amy Grant, that's how much I love speaking hands free on the cellular telephone. I love it so much that I can never bring myself to demand that others take me off their speaker phones. It comes down to this: You either want off speaker phone because it sounds like the other person is in a wind tunnel
or
You don't like not knowing who else is listening to the conversation.
I can relate to the former...but I embrace the latter. I like having people listen to me. It's just one more small piece of my narcissism. (that and using big words that I learned in 10th grade etymology class)
I love the speaker phone so much that I've written a haiku about it:




SpeakerPhone
a haiku,
-
Made to be on hold
My friend who doesn't have hands
how could we hold you?

No comments:

Post a Comment