Wednesday, September 28, 2005

It's like Robin Hood in reverse


Is it weird that Air America "borrowed" $800,000 from a Boys and Girls Club - this is a non-profit organization that people can donate to....and just kind of kept it?
About three months ago I mentioned to a few folks that I had heard that Air America wasn't doing so well. They both looked at me like I was crazy. Two of their top three markets (Los Angelos and Chicago) had been dropped after they had bounced a one million dollar check....I thought that that wasn't so good...but judging by the "you must be outta your mind!" looks I got....maybe that's not a big deal.
Then I heard about the resignation of the founder and Chairman, Evan Cohen and the Vice Chairman, Rex Sorenson....and how the company had failed to make their payroll....and left over 100 writers and producers unpaid. I figured that couldn't be good.
But what do I know?
Maybe losing two of your three biggest markets, stealing money from the boys and girls club, and bouncing hundreds of checks to your employees and stations isn't such a bad thing... And it's not a big deal that their ratings are down in all of their markets...that's show biz.
I'm just bitter because I've yet to listen to more than a half hour of any of their shows without hearing them trying to belittle people of faith...but I guess I shouldn't expect them to celebrate diversity or to keep an open mind....if you disagree with them, you're judgmental and close minded...but when they do it....it's just....um....it's just o.k.....because they mean well. I wise man once said, "I'm not against anything, I'm just FOR Jesus" - maybe I should focus more on that...and less on the hypocritical radio guys stealing money from the boys and girls clubs....(there I go again)

No comments:

Post a Comment