Tuesday, July 24, 2007

frisbee golf


I know that the real die-hards call it disc golf...but I'm going to call it frisbee golf. I call ping pong ping pong and not table tennis. I know that billiards is actually a different game than pool....so I just call pool...pool.

Anyhow, I went down -18 to -16 today. I hit two of the best shots of my life, followed by three holes in a row where I hit every tree on the course. It wasn't a good stretch.

Here's my plug. There's nothing less relational than going to a movie with someone. You sit in the dark and stare at a screen. It's hard to have little side conversations like you might when you're watching tv together because there aren't commercials (unless you count the 23 minutes of previews and subtle and not so subtle use of brand name products in scenes) and you don't want to disturb the people behind you that just spent $43 to go see the movie.

Movies aren't a great relationship builder.

Frisbee golf on the other hand...that's a sport built for getting to know someone. You just walk, talk, and occasionally throw a frisbee.

And it's free....it's really the perfect activity (not a sport...it's an activity...like golf....and NASCAR...and billiards)

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    What do you think about the story of the Man vs. Wild show and that a lot of it is fake? Apparently he really stays at nice hotels instead of sleeping in the wild...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lies!!! complete fabrications...

    I also have no idea how they'd fake him eating all that nasty stuff, or throwing things to kill animals, or picking up snakes, or climbing down water falls, or building the stuff he builds to go down white water rivers...

    lies I tell you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:07 AM

    4 square is also a great relationship builder. 4 square?! Yes its coming back my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not accept that Bear isn't what he represents himself to be. I do however accept that he is a little crazy and crocodile hunterish and I get stressed out watching him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry i didn't update your blog for you yesterday...
    and go read kevin jamison's blog about man vs. wild...
    i am so sorry murphys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:49 PM

    The raft that Bear built was built by a team, disassembled and reassembled by him on camera, the wild horse he lassos wasn't wild, he has a TEAM of people with him that have first aid and survival skills to help him along and he often stays in hotels with all the amenities.
    Survivorman was always cooler anyway.

    Bear=fake
    Survivorman=real

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pretty sure Bear is pretty credible. I would follow his advice if I were in similar situations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still don't believe it. I don't think they can fake him peeing into his canteen and cringing as he drinks it. I also don't think they can fake tiger sharks exploring and bumping his raft and terrorizing me for an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:20 PM

    Whatever. Look it up yourself. De Nile ain't just a river.

    ReplyDelete