Friday, August 04, 2006

why didn't I think of that?


There's a place around the corner from me that will sell unpainted pottery for twice what it's worth. People have parties there where they go and paint the pottery that they've overpaid for...

I go to the Mongolian barbecue and you fill up your bowl with meat, vegetables and sauces and hand it to a guy standing next to a huge round grill while holding this long wooden sword. The first time I went the guy yelled at me for using too much soy sauce. Sorry? The second time I went, the guy just handed me back my bowl and said, "it's too light" Um.....sorry? He made me go put more in my bowl.

There's this restaurant near Dayton that lets you grill your own steak. Really? I sort of came here to let you do that...

I want to start a business where people come in and mow my lawn and then pay me for the experience. Maybe I'll have a little gift shop inside where they can take blank cards and draw pictures on them with little notes, "Hoppy Birthday!" alongside a picture of a bunny... If they were hungry they could come into my kitchen, pick out ingredients for a meal and then cook them up.

I just need to think of a clever name....Murph's Lawn, Cards & Grill?

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:50 AM

    Murph,
    I love reading your blog - you make me smile....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. painting pottery is really fun, Murph. Don't knock it til you try it.. also, you aren't just paying for the pottery, you are paying for it to be fired and glazed also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:32 AM

    Not only do you get a fun piece of pottery that you made, you get a memory too. Some memories I'd pay 10 times as much for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:27 AM

    Don't forget to sell a pet rock...or boulder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can we franchize that idea?

    or better yet, let's make a tour thing.

    see, we'll start at your house. then we'll have people shuttle themselves to our house in clifton and perform the same services. for an extra fee, we'll let them sharpen the mower blades themselves (got to add a hint of danger to the mix or they might get bored).

    after they finish here, they can head to the west side to help someone move in to their apartment.

    then they can top off the evening by coming back down to clifton to wash our dogs.

    it can be a group event, or an all day event. now that's a memory worth purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:16 PM

    You guys have no sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  7. annie..i LOVE to paint pottery. girls are so much more in touch with both sides of our brains. don't worry about them...i am 100% with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. last christmas at one of those pottery places, i painted a ceramic menorah. now i use it to hold my pens.

    what is the place near dayton?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:07 PM

    the restaurant is in Miamisburg and it is called Bullwinkle's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paint-your-own-pottery is the height of artistic endeavor.



    In the same breath, sarcasm is the height of comedic endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous3:58 PM

    In search of a starbucks all I found one day was "espresso yourslef'. It was half coffee bar and half paint-your-own-pottery. when I ordered a coffee they didn't have enough left in the thermos to fill up the cup so the girl gave me a free shot of espresso and the filled the remaining half of my drink with cold creamer.

    ReplyDelete